IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Welcome to Dental Aid!
We provide affordable, quality, comprehensive dental care for low-income children, youth, adults and older adults in Boulder and Broomfield counties.
Founded in 1974, Dental Aid was the first nonprofit, comprehensive dental clinic in the United States. Forty years later, Dental Aid is providing affordable, high-quality, comprehensive dental care to more than 8,000 children and adults a year. Here at Dental Aid, we believe everyone deserves to have healthy teeth and gums. Financial status should not limit anyone from receiving high quality oral health care. In addition, we believe that through education and early intervention we can lower oral disease, reduce the cost of health care and make a lasting impact on the lives of current and future generations.
Dental Aid accepts Medicaid and CHP+.
Learn about Health First Colorado – Colorado’s Medicaid Program
As part of our mission, Dental Aid provides comprehensive, reduced-fee oral health care for about half of the usual and customary fees charged by private dentists in our area. See our Payment Options page for more details.
- Pediatric and family dentists
- Comprehensive cleanings and exams
- Fluoride treatment
- Services available in Spanish
- Root canals
- Relief of pain and infection
- Emergency care
- Oral Surgery with I.V. Sedation – children & adults
Locations & Hours
4155 Darley Ave.
Click to Call Us
and Administrative Office
877 East South Boulder Rd.
Click to Call Us
1715 Princess Dr.
Click to Call Us
- I have recently completed a course of treatment/rehabilitation through the Boulder County Senior Dental Grant Program. This program allowed Dr. Mena in the Boulder office to (first) add a central incisor to an existing upper partial denture (which enabled me to find a job,) and then subsequently to replace that partial with an entirely new metal upper partial denture. I must admit that at the beginning I had great fear that this replacement would not be either comfortable or usable. Over a period of approximately six months (mandated mostly by my work schedule,) Dr. Mena worked carefully step-by-step to create a truly comfortable and well-fitting new upper denture. My thanks both to Dr. Mena for his pains-taking careful work, to Dental Aid, and to the Boulder County program that enabled me to replace my old denture with such a wonderful replacement. Please communicate my thanks to Dr. Mena for his careful and thoroughly top-quality professionalism throughout the process. Thanks also to all the support staff in the office, including the Dental Hygienist, for all their help and good work. All the best, Ron Teller
Ron Teller / /
- I am emailing you in regards to my excellent experience I had on my last dental visit. I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Hicks and Valentina and it was my best trip to the dentist I've ever had. Dr hicks is incredibly compassionate and very professional. I have not had a dentist that caters so carefully to the patient's comfort, and I felt very safe and comfortable under her care. I just felt it was necessary to shed light on the wonderful job that they both do, and they should be recognized for this. Thank you for providing Boulder with Dentists that care.Sincerely,Matt DeStefano
Matt DeStefano / /
- I have had a lot of dental work done at Dental Aid at the Darley dental facility in Boulder, Colorado. This included getting new dentures. I am so happy with the work that was completed. Now I feel comfortable in smiling! The staff was so friendly, helpful, and professional. They made me feel very comfortable. Most of all though, I would like to commend Jose Mena, DMD. He also was very friendly and very professional. He set me at ease in such a great way. The work he did was so incredible. I’ve been to a great amount of dentists in my life (I’m 66 years old), but he is top and the best one I’ve ever had. I would like to thank you and your business for having such a great facility, staff, and Jose Mena. Thank you! Sincerely, Barry B., Boulder, C
- Earlier this year, I needed major dental surgery. Dr Sibley removed seven of my teeth, including all of my top teeth. I would like others to know that - when done well as it was by the staff at Dental Aid - this can be a much less traumatic process than I had anticipated. And my new denture is so comfortable! Thank you to Dr. Sibley & to all of the staff at Dental Aid.
Ruby S., Boulder / /
- After dreading this cavity appointment, both Dr. Mena and Gabriella made everything painless and comfortable. Each of them are gentle and caring!
Barbara, Age 74 / /
- I liked [Dental Aid] a lot. It was a very educational and informative experience. I felt vey comfortable and secure and I felt that I was treated very well.
Hannah, Age 14 / /
- My visit was wonderful! The staff was very caring and nice. They even remembered me from previous visits and asked about my family. The work was done very professionally and well!
- I am so happy to have my dental work here. I feel well taken care of and the office is pleasant and clean – actually it is the best office staff I have ever worked with.
Shilow, Age 62 / /
- Dr. Mena is kind, gentle and considerate - in addition to his thorough and excellent knowledge of dentistry. I have been coming here for years and have always received top-notch care.
Bonnie, Age 70 / /
- My visit was exceptional. Jolyne and Dr. Dorian immediately made me feel welcome and in good hands. Dr. Dorian was able to thoroughly answer all my questions and concerns and took great care during my procedure. Jessica is a remarkable and inspiring person as well, and a great hygienist.
- Everything looks very clean and I was impressed with that. I could not afford a dentist if it hadn't been for Dental Aid. Dr. Mena cares and I trust him.
Barbara, Age 71 / /
- Dr. Whitestone and all of the Dental Aid team have been amazing every time I've had a treatment. They always go far, far above and beyond!
Debekah, Age 24 / /
- Jessica is great! She is caring and understanding. Arnold is autistic and Jessica understands his limitations and knows how to talk with him.
- [Dental Aid] has made dental health possible. I simply cannot afford a dentist along with my medical expenses.
Stanley, Age 82 / /
- They flossed my teeth, brushed them and took pictures to see if they were healthy. I liked them; they were sweet.
Aurora, Age 5 / /
- I am so happy to have a place that has funding that helps a homeless person, such as me, with the cost of visits, etc.
Paula, Age 45 / /
- It was a wonderful, satisfying experience to meet Dr. Flack, who is willing to work with our daughter Nina, who is disabled. She is non-verbal, both mental and physically challenged. They have agreed to take Nina as a regular client. Finding a dentist who is willing to work with us for keeping Nina's oral care totally healthy is a REAL BLESSING!
- Nora has diabetes. She is 91 years old. Her blood counts have been very difficult to regulate. We came in for a four-part teeth cleaning service. Her gums were very infected. Once we had the cleaning complete and learned better oral care, her blood sugar levels have been MUCH more stable than ever before. We had heard that poor oral health worsens diabetes symptoms, but we are very happy to discover that good oral care helps alleviate the symptoms of diabetes.
- It's hard to get great service when it's through subsidized agencies, staff at other places have been unfriendly. [At Dental Aid], the experience was great from the phone call to all interactions. Top of the line customer service is delivered here with all staff members - thank you all!
- I have no idea what I would do without Dental Aid. I had 4 fillings and I still have a couple of things to do, but already I feel MUCH BETTER. There would have been no way I could have gotten those 4 teeth taken care of anywhere else. I had no idea what I was going to do. Thank you for Dental Aid, and I am immensely grateful to the amazing and caring staff and everyone who makes this help possible.
Juliette, Age 40 / /
- I am grateful that Dental Aid made it possible for me to get much needed care. As someone who works full time and receives more than minimum wage, yet not enough to afford health insurance, I often feel like I fall in between the cracks when it comes to health care among other things. I don't want anything for free, but I am extremely appreciative for the discounted fees. I bet there are many people like me out there. Thank you!
Kinga, Age 31 / /
- Thank you for providing such a resource. As a student and a new resident to Boulder, programs and centers such as Dental Aid provides support and availability for those of us in financial need, and concerned for their well being. Grants to Dental Aid are greatly appreciated and needed.
Dianna, Age 32 / /
- Living with dental pain is debilitating. I have been able to see fantastic progress with a dental plan that makes sense. Every time I have come to Dental Aid, my pain has been alleviated.
Eric, Age 43 / /
- I am a patient that has AIDS, and oral health is critical in the overall management of my chronic illness. I wouldn’t have been able to afford care anywhere else. Because Dental Aid has been willing to work with Beacon and BCAP along with my own payment plan I have gotten the critical dental work and preventative care I’ve needed.
David / /
Read more patient reviews on
Your Dental Aid Team
Dr. Carly Schrade – General Dentist, Louisville clinic
Dr. Robert Edwards – Orthodontist, Louisville clinic
Dr. Brad Hagen – General Dentist, Louisville and Longmont clinics
Dr. Robert Skoretz – Surgical Treatments, Louisville and Boulder clinics
Dr. Jose Mena – Dental Director and Lead Dentist, Boulder clinic
Dr. Joy Hicks – General Dentist, Boulder & Longmont clinics
Dr. Darby Barfield – Pediatric Dentist, Louisville clinic
Dental Aid Partner Agencies
Dental Aid is a member of Boulder County Human Services Alliance, a group whose goal is to educate and influence the public and policy makers on matters that impact the availability and delivery of human services such as dental care, healthcare, legal services, food and housing for low income families in our area.
Need additional support for yourself and/or family? Check out some of our fellow Boulder County Human Services members below. See our Resources page for more health and community partners.
Health First Colorado – Colorado’s Medicaid Program
Health First Colorado provide benefits for dental services, health care provider visits, and behavioral health. For more information on eligibility, benefits and services, please visit healthfirstcolorado.com
Apply online at Colorado.gov/Peak
Apply in person at your county of residence’s local county office or at a local application assistance site.
If you want to fill out a paper application and mail it in, print out one of the applications.You can also drop it off at your county of residence’s local county office, or at a local application assistance site.
Dental Aid is here to answer your questions. If you need additional assistance, please contact our Program Coordinator, Fermin Garcia, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sister Carmen Community Center is a family resource center providing assistance to residents of Eastern Boulder County who are in need, without discrimination. They can help with food assistance, ongoing work for goal planning and support, emergency financial assistance, resource connection, parenting support, and other community & family education. Learn more.
Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center is a local, independent nonprofit organization with clinics in Boulder and Longmont, Colorado. They provide a wide variety of reproductive and sexual healthcare services for people of all genders, including birth control, annual exams, screenings for breast and cervical cancer, STI testing, abortion care, transgender hormone therapy, a Teen Clinic, and sexual health education, regardless of a person’s insurance status, economic circumstances, or immigration status. Learn more.
OUR Center provides services in hospitality care, personal development and family assistance so that those in need in the greater Longmont area can find the support they need. Learn more.
EFAA helps those in Boulder & Broomfield counties whose immediate needs for food, shelter and other basic necessities cannot be adequately met by other means, and supports their efforts toward financial stability or self-sufficiency. Learn more.
Clinica Family Health Services provides a full spectrum of medical services, behavioral health care, dental care, full-service pharmacies and more. Learn more.